Why do I LOVE ‘Slow Cooking’ so much?
Here are just a few reasons why:
1. It saves you time. A slow cooker will cut preparation time by at least half. No standing over a stove after a long day, simply place all ingredients into the slow cooker in the morning, and come home to the mouth watering aromas of a meal that is ready to serve!
2. It saves you money, how? Because the best cuts of meat for slow cooking are always the cheaper cuts closer to the bone!
3. It’s healthier for you, why? One of many reasons, is the temperature used in slow cooking doesn’t destroy vital nutrients from vitamins, minerals and enzymes that other cooking methods involving high temperatures do. Also the cuts of meat used are more nutrient dense in comparison to lean cuts of meat!
Do you find your self throwing together meals that you know could be better for you and your family however, just don’t have enough time?
Then join me for my ‘Slow Cooking For Fast People’ Workshop, it’s my organic cooking demonstration, nutrition presentation and dinner where you’ll:
- Learn about the benefits of slow cooking
- Learn how to incorporate slow cooking principles into your lifestyle and family
- Discover how slow cooking can aid in the healing of a damaged or poor digestive system.
- How it can save you both time and money
- Discover why slow cooking is the best form of cooking throughout the winter months.
- Learn which cuts of meat and vegetables are best suited for this style of cooking
- Discover why its nutritional value is superior to most other forms of modern day cooking
- You’ll leave loaded with inspiration and lots of recipes to try at home
Class schedule: Sat June 28th 6.15pm arrival, for 6.30pm start – 9.30pm finish
Venue: “Studio 3”, 3/10 Wattle Rd, Brookvale (up the top of the ramp where you see Leo’s Fruit &Veg)
Cost: $115 per person includes organic dinner prepared by Jo with hosts John & Helen Coetzee
Bookings are essential please call Susie call on 0411 663 926 to reserve your seat
In the mean time here is one of my favorite winter slow cook recipes to try;
Kashmir Lamb Shanks
1 large knob ginger
4 cloves of garlic
Juice of 2 lemons
1 tsp Sea salt
1 tbsp each of cumin turmeric ground
1 tsp each cinnamon, black pepper, cardamom seeds (no husks)
3 dried chilies crushed
¼ cup each of soaked cashews and pistachio crushed
Blend all ingredients together to form paste and rub over shanks and place them in the slow cooker with 100ml of chicken stock to marinate for 2 hrs.
Set the slow cooker to come after 2 hours and set the timer for 5-6 hrs on low.
Alternatively place in oven 170 deg for 2 hrs until tender take lid off 20 minutes before to brown the shanks.
If you like this recipe, you’ll love the selection of recipes in my #1 Amazon Best selling book “Rocket Fuel On Budget”. Click on the link or on the image below to pick up your copy now!
Yours in health, wellness, and vitality
Founder, Energy Coaching Institute