If you’re a chocolate lover like me then make this a little something special for your Valentine this month.
This great little recipe made from all organic ingredients is a winner!
1 cup of cocoa butter
1/4 cup of coconut oil
1/3 cup of honey OR maple syrup OR coconut nectar or 6 soaked pitted fresh dates (blended to a puree)
Approx. 3 tbsp. cocoa powder (more if you like it rich and dark)
Pinch of Himalayan salt crystals
Organic nuts (optional)
For making balls add either coconut flour or almond meal or hazelnut meal, enough to bring the liquid chocolate into a paste that you can roll into individual balls with your hands
- Melt and combine cocoa butter, coconut oil, your choice of sweetener in blender until smooth.
- Gradually add cocoa powder (and flour / meal if making power balls.
- If adding nuts fold them in or put them on base of your moulds
- Transfer to glass dish or individual chocolate moulds and set in fridge minimum of an hr.
- Roll into balls when using flour or meal to make balls and then roll balls in desiccated coconut.
- Grown-ups can add a dash (or two) of their favourite liqueur.
Did anyone say rum & raisin?
- Dried organic goji berries or blueberries or dates mixed through make for little bursts of sweetness.
- For a mocha twist add some crushed coffee beans or slowly drizzle in a shot of espresso while blending.
- Substitute all or part of the raw cocoa with carob powder for a caffeine free treat.
- You’ll need to store your chocolate in the fridge
For another chocolate dessert alternative CLICK HERE or on the image below to check out out my raw chocolate mouse recipe in the vlog.
Last week I mentioned that I’d be participating in The Female Hormone Solution free online conference.
This is now half way through and the presentations have been excellent!
If you haven’t signed up yet, it is absolutely worth it. Here’s why.
As you may know, hormones act like messengers between your organs and tissues helping to regulate digestion, metabolism, breathing, growth, sleep, healing, stress, sex drive, mood and so much more.
Meaning hormones are involved in almost everything – and when they get their messages mixed it can completely mess with you and your system.
The good news is that if you do have a hormonal imbalance, they’re often caused by lifestyle factors, and that means you can reverse that imbalance.
The Female Hormone Solution is all about showing you how to do just that in a holistic, practical way so that you can be at your healthiest and happiest.
The Female Hormone Solution <— Click here or on the image below to register for free and catch all of these presenters.
And in addition to my own presentation on High Performance Nutrition, the conference hosts 29 other presentations, each one filled with practical and proven strategies from some of the world’s best minds!
Paul Chek – Founder of the CHEK Instiute
Dr. Deanna Minnich – Food is Connection
Dr. Libby Weaver – Rushing Woman’s Syndrome
Dr. Jen Landa – The 5 Hidden Energy Robbers Stealing Your Spark
Dr. Dan Kalish – Restoring the Female Hormone Balance
Dan Hellman – Respiration and Female Hormones
Donal Carr – Exercise for Women
Vidya McNeill – The Divine Female: Soft Like Water, Grounded Like a Tree
Sally Fallon – Traditional Nutrition for Hormonal Health
Doug Kaufmann – The Fungus Link to Female Hormones
Come and connect with us on the Energy Coaching Institute Facebook page! We’d love to hear your thoughts on the recipes and of course The Hormone Solution Summit.
As ever, yours in healthy and vitality,
Twice Amazon #1 Best Selling Author and Founder, Energy Coaching Institute