Join us and learn how easy it is to make a chicken and vegetable soup in the slow cooker!
4 x chicken breasts
1300 ml of chicken stock
1 carrot peeled and cut into quarters
1 parsnip peeled and cut into quarters
4 wedges of pumpkin (50gr each)
Wedges of sweet potato (50gr ea)
4 leaves of kale or silver beet
4 sprigs of thyme
4 lemon myrtle leaves
4 sprigs of parsley
2 bay leaves
Salt and pepper
- Arrange all veg except kale in a deep try, season with salt and pepper sprinkle with some thyme and 1 chopped lemon myrtle leaf on top.
- Add 300 ml of stock and braise in 150 deg for 20 minutes until colored and tender.
- Add kale or silver beet last 2 minutes to wilt it.
- Rub the chicken breast with salt pepper, thyme, and parsley and lemon myrtle.
- Seal in medium hot pan till golden brown and place in a deep tray.
- Poor remaining stock into pan and poach chicken in oven whilst veg is braising for 10 minutes.
To serve, place veg in a deep soup plate and top with chicken which has been sliced at an angle and fanned over the top of veg. pour some of the poaching stock over the top and garnish with sprig of thyme or parsley.