¾ cup lime juice
2 tbsp rapidura sugar or honey
4 tbsp fish sauce
4 X 150 gr eye fillet or sirloin steak
250 gm bean shoots washed and drained
1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
1 small red onion, finely sliced
1 cucumber sliced diagonally
1 cup coriander, roughly chopped
1 cup mint, finely chopped
5 kaffir lime leaves, sliced in fine strips
1 small red chili, deseeded and finely chopped
unsalted roasted peanuts, chopped (optional)
- Rub the beef with salt and pepper, add some coconut oil to a sauté pan, and once the pan is hot add the beef and seal on all sides, cook until medium rare.
- Remove the meat and wrap in foil to retain the juices and leave aside to rest.
- To make the dressing in a bowl dissolve the sugar with the lime juice and fish sauce and set aside.
- In a large bowl add the bean shoots, tomatoes, onion, cucumber, coriander, mint, and chili, toss together.
- Using a sharp knife slice the beef as evenly and finely as you can.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and serve together with the sliced beef and a sprinkle of peanuts to garnish.