Come winter, are you the one susceptible to catching the cold or flu, or anything else that’s going around? Is it your bathroom cabinet come winter, that’s full of various vitamins and supplements and cold and flu tablets? If this sounds like you, strengthening your immune system before our winter truly sets in, could be just the thing that that saves you money on over the counter remedies!
Here Are My Top 10 Winter Immune Boosting Tips;
- Many of you will know I’m a huge fan of Slow Cooking; using slow cooking as your main cooking method during winter is a perfect way to consume nutrient rich organic / free range produce that is in season. Certain foods are available at certain times of the year for a reason!! The foods naturally available to use during the winter months have specific nutrients that support the immune system during the colder months and slow cooking is a perfect way to enjoy them.
- Take a quality pro-biotic daily to support your digestive system. Remember 70% of the immune system lives in the digestive system.
- Consume enough quality water to run your detoxification and elimination systems effectively (0.033 x your body weight in kg = litres per day) your body needs before any stimulants like caffeine, alcohol, sugar and exercise. By the way sugar will suppress the immune system for up to 4 hours!
- Have a “Work- in” instead of a “Work -Out”: choosing movement that will cultivate and build your energy is a great way to boost your immune system. Most people continue to “Work Out” even when their exhausted, further depleting their energy levels and suppressing their immune system. If this sounds like you perhaps its time to Work In with some yoga, Tai Chi, Qi Gong or a walking mediation.
- Create peace points through out your day to manage your stress levels – simply pop a posit note on your computer that reminds you to check in with how your breathing and for 1 minute consciously breath diagrammatically, breathing into your naval area and allowing your muscles to soften and the tension in your body to be released.
- If you feel your body needs some support, then get a broad-spectrum vitamin and mineral analysis done by a quality naturopath BEFORE you start self supplementing with synthetic vitamins and minerals that may create further imbalances in your body.
- Use plenty of garlic, ginger and chilies with your cooking
- Herbal immune boost like Echinacea, Goldenseal and Astragalusare powerful herbal combination that your local naturopath can put together for you.
- Herbal boosts for your circulation are Ginger, Garlic, Ginkgo & Cayenne
- The harboring of negative emotions such as anger, resentment, jealously, blame and hurt all suppress the immune systems ability to thrive. Spend time with yourself and allow yourself to receive from the eternal love and wisdoms within you that reminds you of your ability to forgive, trust, love and know that you are more than your life experiences and circumstance.
All guaranteed to give your immune system a boost!
Including nutritious meals as part of your immune boosting plan is high on my list. For wonderful nourishing meals, recipes and meal plans with loads of tips and nutritional information, pick up a copy of my #1 Amazon Best Selling Book click here on on the image below;
Yours in good health and vitality,
Founder, Energy Coaching Institute