Happy New Year. I trust you have enjoyed some well earned down time and time spent catching up with friends and family. Time spent filling your heart with joy, some well needed space, and your belly with an array of festive treats! We have loved the time we’ve been able to spend on our beautiful beaches, catching up on some time in the ocean and on some Vit D!
This is where we spent most of our Christmas Day which was sublime!
Let’s be honest though, who is feeling just little weighed down by their indulgences over the festive season? Feeling just a little foggy in the head, a little bloated with less energy, and in general just not firing on all cylinders – yet?
Well, rather than beat yourself up and wish you hadn’t been quite so care free, remind your self of what a great time you had, hopefully it was worth it and in hindsight, if you feel it wasn’t, then lets just put the experience down to great lesson in awareness and lets focus on getting back on track.
It can take you as little as just 7 days to be feeling sharp, energised and focused by following my 7 DAY LOW HUMAN INTERVENTION CHALLENGE (LHI)
The rules are simple; all you need to do is avoid all foods that have been overly interfered with by human processes!
By following the lists below you will find it’s easy to stay away from the foods that have been overly proceed beyond the point of healthy?
7 reasons to do the LHI challenge:
- To prove to yourself you can!
- Clear the head fog in just 48hrs,
- Boost your energy levels within 72 hrs
- Get rid bloating and feeling pregnant
- Feel lighter physical and emotionally.
- Detox the liver and improve digestion
- Over come sugar craving
Top tips to help you stay committed to the challenge:
- Upon waking spend 5 minutes setting your intention for the day, aligning your thoughts and vibration to this intention. If this is done correctly you will feel your energy lift immediately and smile begin to form and you’ll feel a sense of excitement for the day ahead
- On rising consume the fresh juice of 50% celery, carrot, and lemon juice to 50% water mixed with 1 tbsp. of ground chia seeds
- Listen to your body and what it is “feeling”. It will tell you what it needs and it’s often not what you “think” its needing. For example, do you really think that you’re body would tell you that it feels like a Coca Cola or a coffee for a pick me up? Would that not simply be your head over-riding what your body is trying to communicate to you, that you’re in need of some ‘real’ food to replenish and sustain your energy.
- Don’t skip breakfast.
- Make sure all meals, including breakfast have all three-food groups’ carbohydrate, protein and fat in it and are in the ratio that best suits your body. You can experiment with this over the week to find out what amount of each food group feels right to have at each meal. For some it can be the same ratio at each meal for others it may vary throughout the day. Again, check in with what your body is feeling after each meal to understand what you need less of more of and not what your head thinks it wants!
- Drink plenty of quality water between meals 0.033 x kg (your body weight) = the amount in liters you need to be consuming and that’s before you’ve exercised or consumed stimulants that dehydrate you like coffee, tea, alcohol, soft drinks and processed foods.
- Plan ahead – create a week’s meal plan and shopping list by following the foods to eat and the foods to avoid listed below.
- Make double for dinner and take to work for lunch.
- Travel with a healthy snack that’s easy like some raw organic nuts and an apple.
- If the food wasn’t around when your great grandmother was alive don’t eat it!
- Spend 2 minutes each day in love and gratitude for all that you are, all that you have and all that you wish to become
HHI (High Human Intervention) foods to avoid:
- The 4 white devils (white flour, Pasturised dairy, sugar and table salt)
- All soft drinks
- All Soybeans and soy products
- All boxed cereals
- All commercially produced vegetable oils like canola, corn, safflower, sunflower, soy and grape seed
- All pre-made frozen meals
- All low fat products
- All fast food outlets
- All canned foods
- All commercially made cakes, pastries, biscuits, crackers, chips and crisps
- All commercially made dips, spreads, sauces
LHI (Low human intervention) foods to enjoy:
- All organic or free range grass fed meat and dairy
- Free range poultry
- Fresh wild fish (non farmed)
- All fresh seasonal fruit and Vegetables and salad
- Non-gluten grains — brown rice, oats, millet, quinoa, amaranth, teff, tapioca, buckwheat
- Raw nuts and seeds
- Cook with quality fats such as organic butter, ghee, coconut oil, duck and goose fat
- Use olive oil and flaxseed oil for salads
- Try young Thai drinking coconuts for smoothies
- For sweeteners use—coconut sugar and raw honey
- Explore flavour’s using common herbs that support various functions such as digestion, the metabolism, the immune and nerves system — basil, garlic, cinnamon, carob, cumin, dill, ginger, mustard, oregano, parsley, pepper, rosemary, tarragon, thyme, turmeric.
- Use quality salt – Celtic or Himalayan
To make things even simpler on yourself, I have provided a 21 day meal plan PLUS recipes in my Amazon Best selling book “Rocket Fuel On A Budget” Click here or on the image below to pick up a hard copy or an e-book that you can access IMMEDIATELY!
Let me know how your LHI Challenge is progressing and post any question on our Energy Coaching Institute Facebook page and I will answer them personally for you!
Have Fun Feeling Lighter, Healthier and Energetic
As ever, yours in healthy and vitality,
Twice Amazon #1 Best Selling Author and Founder, Energy Coaching Institute